Don’t let travel and holiday time plans get in the way of your fitness goals. Looking for a routine you can do anywhere/anytime? This break week workout requires no dumbbells or bands…just your own body! The circuit is a mix of body weight and cardio exercises.
Perform the circuit 2-3x’s depending on how much time you have available. Make sure you warm up for 5-10 minutes before the workout and give yourself some time for stretching at the end. You deserve it. Then go enjoy your holiday and send us pics!
Break Week Workout:
5-10 minutes of warm up consisting of: joint rotations, light jog around the block, cardio warmups like jumping jacks, high knees/breaking sticks, etc.
- Football Fast Feet: Get down into a low, wide squat; run in place with fast feet. Pump arms vigorously. (50 steps total)
- Stutter squat: Slowly move down into a squat position for the count of three/slowly return to standing in a three count (30 total)
- Plank Leg Raises: Hold a plank (elbow or on hands). Lift one heel up in the air and return to the ground in a slow and controlled manner. Alternate legs. (15 each leg/30 total)
- Marching Bridge with kick (30 leg kicks total)
- Tricep Pushups or Dips (15)
- Bicycles (30 total)
- Side plank hip dips: Hold an elbow side plank; dip hip toward ground and return to side plank position (15 dips on each side)
- Jumping Lunges (30 total) (or step back into alternating reverse lunges for low impact option)
- Spider Crawls: Hold a plank; draw R knee toward R elbow. Return to start. Draw L knee toward L elbow. Repeat. (30 total- 15 each leg)
- Speed Skaters (30 total)
-Contributed by Trainer Gina