Hiya Booty Campers!
Here’s a quick and effective workout that you can do anywhere; your home or a hotel room, or even your office!
This specific workout was designed by the ACSM (American College of Sports Medicine) for purposes of high intensity/short time. You can do it that way, in which you do each exercise for 30 seconds, going all out for that 30 seconds, with 10 seconds rest. It is a 7-minute workout if you do that. For that 7 minutes, you’ll be doing as many reps as you can.
You can also do it at a lower intensity, longer duration, such as 45 seconds on, and 15-30 seconds of rest. We’ve done all of these exercises in camp before, so they will be familiar to you. Either way, you will be working your entire body as well as getting a good cardio workout.
Warm up for at least 5 minutes with some tap outs, light running in place, high knees, arm circles and butt kicks.
You can do this set once, twice or even three times.
- Jumping jacks
- Wall sit
- Push-up (Whatever style you like best; knees, toes, chaturanga, etc.)
- Crunches (Knees bent with feet on the floor, or legs in table top. Exhale as you come up)
- Step ups (Use a chair if you’re inside. Make sure that chair is placed against a wall for stability)
- Tricep dips on chair
- Plank (Knees or toes, straight arms or on elbows)
- Running in place w/high knees
10. Lunge, alternating legs
11. Push-up with rotation (Alternating sides)
12. Side plank, each side
Make sure to cool down completely. Quad stretches, calf stretches, figure 4, delt stretch, tricep stretch, cobra.
-Contributed by Trainer Michelle