This week SSBC Blog will hear from some of our badass Booty babes who come out every morning and rock the Booty Camp. This week’s feature is TINA FOGALL. Read on to hear about Tina’s passion for nutrition of the sweetest variety and how you might get a chance to taste for yourself.
Wait. Why will you get to taste it? Ok we’ll cut to the chase. Because TINA is the chef for the Booty Camp Restorative Retreat coming up on May 3-5. Details below.
But first… Tina + Booty Camp Fun Facts:
- Which camp do you hail from? Seward Park 7:15am with Trainer Theresa
- How long have you been with the booty? 1.25 years in camp
- What keeps you coming back to camp? High praise for trainer Theresa! “she has this way about her that is nurturing and supportive while still providing a structure and discipline. She is a part of my life.”
- What’s your secret to getting up in the morning? “I get up before I can even think about it. I just get up and go”
- Food before camp? “I eat an apple or banana with almond butter.”
- Favorite move? “I love drinking bird and even do it in my kitchen”
- What has Booty Camp done for your relationship with exercise? ”I still don’t love running but at least I don’t hate it anymore. Running with a group is pretty awesome.”
- What has Booty Camp Done for your life? “ It’s my morning family I couldn’t live without it!”
When she’s not rocking the Booty Camp Tina spends most of her work time stirring a bubbling pot sweetness. She is the owner and operator of Big Spoon Jam where she uses her dual degree in nutrition and culinary arts to concoct the most interesting creations in Jam this side of the Mississippi. Think jam is jam? Check them out here where you’ll find: Blueberry Balsamic, Raspberry Rose, Roasted Apricot & Smoked Salt, and her new favorite Foragers Preserves; a mix of wild blackberries infused with Douglas fir tips. Tina says that the Douglas Fir is not only high in vitamins and anti-oxidants but “it transports you and tastes like the forest itself.” Tina says. Mouth watering yet? We thought so.
Like Southside Booty Camp Tina’s dream job had to be a vehicle for her to connect with her community. So it’s no wonder that she will be our chef for the first Booty Camp Restorative Retreat. Tina says that the retreat is a chance to disconnect from life’s stressors and reconnect with yourself, with nature, and with a community of supportive women.
Tina has been working with eating in the clean or anti-inflammatory style lately and she plans the most amazing menu for the Restorative Retreat that can act as an intro to this way of eating. We will eat foods that reduce inflammation and support healthy balance, digestion and metabolism. Have you been meaning to do an elimination diet but it feels too daunting to take it on by yourself? Come start one with us and let Tina take care of you. And boy we are in luck because Tina’s motto is “Everything I cook has to be delicious or I don’t want to eat it.” Yum!