First Week Events
Please join us for the FIRST WEEK of 2012!
We have several events – choose one or come to them all!
Just fill out the signup form below the schedule.
ALL ARE Free/By Donation except the Massage Techniques Class has a $15 fee.
This year all donations collected during FIRST WEEK will go to the Urban Wilderness Project!
FIRST WEEK SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
- Workouts at All Locations and Camp Times: Tuesday/Thursday Jan 3 & 5
See times and locations in the signup form below!
- Self-Massage Techniques: Wednesday, January 4, 6:30 – 8:00 am, Mount Baker Community Club
Join us to learn the basics of self-massage! Increase flexibility, reduce muscle pain, and make the most of your workouts! Some materials will be provided but please bring your own full length roller (generally about 3 ft long and 6″ in diameter)! Foam rollers can be purchased at Road Runner Sports online or in store.
Taught by massage therapist and Booty Camp trainer, Stephanie Levine. Cost: $15 Please bring cash or check to the class.
- Yoga with Julie Andres: Friday January 6, 6:30-7:45am, Lakewood – Seward Park Community Club
Join Julie for her first Yoga Fridays class of the year. Free for all first-timers!
- Self-Hypnosis Workshop: Saturday January 7, from 9:00am – 11:00am, Camper Home in Mt. Baker neighborhood, register for location info.
Tracy Adams, clinical hypnotherapist, will be sharing her knowledge of hypnosis in this FREE workshop.
The class will include:
• Introduction to hypnosis and hypnotherapy, and dispelling misconceptions, fears and/or expectations;
• Learning the mechanics of self-hypnosis, such as techniques for induction, deepening and emerging;
• Develop effective suggestions for issues such as weight and body image, improved sleep;
• Experience hypnosis and practice self-hypnotic techniques in a group hypnotherapy session;
• We’ll discuss how self-hypnotic understanding can apply to other areas (such as pain relief and other health-related issues).