Equipment needed: YOU!
This is a full body workout that is pretty low-impact, though strength intensive. It is a body weight workout, so you can do it anywhere! To make counting easy, do 15 of each exercise and go through each set 2-3x, depending on how much time you have available. In between each set, there will be a cardio “burst” to get your heart rate up and blood pumping!
5-10 minute warm up
Include butt kicks, high knees, toy soldiers (straight legs, touch toes), tap backs (each leg taps back one at a time), side stretches, run in place, arm circles forward and back.
- Squat – regular squat, feet hip width’s distance apart, keep weight on your heels
- Push-up on knees, or on toes on the ground, or on a bench or other stable higher surface
- Plank to side plank – Go from either elbow/knee, straight arm/knee, elbow/toes or straight arm/toes and lift one arm at a time bringing your body into a sideways T. Alternate sides for 15 per side
25 jumping jacks (for low impact, tap out the feet from side to side, and bring arms up to shoulders)
- Lateral (side) lunge – step to the right with your right leg, shifting your body weight over your right leg, squatting to a 90-degree angle at the right knee. Keep left leg straight. Repeat. Do 15 times on right side, then repeat on left side.
- Tricep Side-lying Press – lie on your left side on the ground. Wrap your left arm around your body. Your right hand will be on the ground, with your fingertips facing towards your head and your elbow bent at 90 degrees. Press yourself up with your right hand, straightening your right arm. Do 15 times, then repeat on the other side
- Supine elbow to knee (bicycle) – Lying on your back, with your hands behind your head, bring your right elbow to your left knee, and left elbow to right knee. Do 15 times on each side (total of 30)
Football fast feet – get low into a wide legged squat, then run in place with your arms pumping. Time yourself on this one – try to go at least a minute!
- Front lunge with rotation – Step rt leg forward into a lunge, then turn torso to the right. Do 15 times on the right side, then switch to the left side
- Down dog pushups – From downward facing dog, bend arms, letting head go towards the ground.
- Bridge with leg lift – lay on back, knees bent, feet on the ground. Lift hips, and one leg at a time. Do 15 times on each leg
Burpees! Check it: this guy is sure excited about them!! ; )
Stretching to include your legs (hamstring, quad, calf), pigeon, arms (arm across chest, tricep stretch) and core (cobra, childs pose)
-Contributed by Trainer Michelle